Dr. Edwin Klumper, MD PhD MBA, joined the company in 2016 as Chief Medical Officer responsible for the clinical strategy and development of Cristal Therapeutics’ range of nanomedicines. Dr. Klumper has over 25 years of experience in cancer research, drug development and clinical trials combining a strong scientific and business background. Before joining Cristal Therapeutics, he co-founded SMS-oncology in 2007, a Dutch CRO specialized in early phase cancer trials where he served as CMO and from January 2013 until March 2016 as CEO. He led a team of highly scientifically qualified staff growing SMS-oncology into a profitable company conducting pan-European oncology trials. He started his scientific career as Cancer Research Scientist at VU Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, obtaining his PhD in medicine conducting translational research. He started his pharmaceutical career as Medical Director at start-up Yew Tree Pharmaceuticals, served as Product Manager for the oncology portfolio of Asta Medica, launched blockbuster Aranesp serving Amgen as Business Unit Director for the Netherlands, for the UK, and as Brand Director for the European headquarters respectively, and served as Vice-President Marketing & Sales Europe for Nabi Biopharmaceuticals. He obtained his MBA at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands. As medical consultant Dr. Klumper has supervised 80 oncology drug development programs and 20 clinical trials.
- Cristal Therapeutics further strengthens its Scientific Advisory Board with appointment of Dr. Paul Lammers
- Cristal Therapeutics raises €12.8 million in new financing round to advance novel medicines against cancer using its CriPec® nanotech platform
- Cristal Therapeutics and iTeos Therapeutics announce strategic partnership for the development of immuno-oncology therapeutic candidates using Cristal’s CriPec® nanotech platform
- Cristal Therapeutics announces appointment of Edwin Klumper as Chief Medical Officer
- Cristal Therapeutics starts clinical phase I trial with nanomedicine CriPec® docetaxel in patients with solid tumours